We are pleased to announce that Odenthal Racing Products has once again partnered with CKNA as the Presenting Sponsor for the 2024 Spring Nationals!
The gates at Charlotte Motor Speedway will remain open from 11am Thursday through the end of our event.
You will not be permitted inside without an event wristband.
If you arrive outside the gate hours, you will have to wait outside until you are able to buy a wristband.
11:00am – 7:00pm
Move in Day! There will be no on track activities, but Registration and Tire pickup will be available in the afternoon.
9:00am – 6:00pm
Open Practice! Classes will practice by class in race order. We estimate each class will get at least 4 sessions on track, the last of which will serve as “Happy Hour” for qualifying.
8:00am – 8:00pm (approx.)
Morning will start with a ONE quick warm-up round, followed by our drivers meeting with TONS of door prizes! RLV Fastest Lap Qualifying begins next, followed by 2 rounds of heat races. We anticipate that multiple classes will be split into heats and feature LCQ’s. We are doing it this was so we can try and avoid having to cap the number of entries in any class!
8:00am – 4:00pm (approx.)
We’ll start out the morning with a single warmup. Any LCQ’s that are needed will be ran, followed by the final race for each class!
WINNER TAKES ALL IN THE FINALS!
Kid Kart (Max Torque):
Kid Kart Chassis = 200#
Cadet Chassis = 215#
Cadet: Max 40 entries
Sportsman: Max 40 entries
Junior (LIYK): Max 80 entries
Senior Light (Sthele Motorsports): Max 80 entries
Senior Medium (CKT Racing): Max 80 entries
Senior Heavy (Coyote): Max 50 entries
Masters (CRG/LSR): Max 50 entries
Legends (Race Suit Valet): Max 50 entries
2023 broke records again by fielding over 380 entries. 2024 looks to be another great year for the Spring Nationals, as this is the fastest we have ever received our first 200 entries for an event (IN JUST 72 HOURS)! Because of the overwhelming response, we have place class caps on all classes. Sr. Light, Sr. Medium and Junior will run a split heats format so we can accommodate more drivers.
Even though this is a National Event, we will still treat things like we always do. Our commitment is to host the most competitive 4-cycle racing events possible while maintaining a family friendly, environment. After all, kart racing is supposed to be FUN!
Our entire roster of tech officials will be onsite all weekend ensuring that all competitors abide by the rules in our own book as well as the Briggs & Stratton engine rules. We want to ensure that there is no doubt that our Spring National Champions won their races fair and square.
So get your karts ready, get registered and come out and race the CKNA Spring Nationals. It’s karting done the way you’ll like it: family friendly, fun and fair!
- Racers will be able to choose their own pit-spots via our interactive parking map during the registration process. The spots are all 16′ wide again this year, but you still need to do some math. Please make sure you have enough room to fit your trailer AND canopies.
- We have been able to secure the area inside the “roval” for additional pits and general parking. We are asking that everybody parks their tow vehicles, rental cars, etc. in this area! We are anticipating a BIG turnout this year, and want to make sure there’s room for everybody!
- Camping is allowed at Charlotte Motor Speedway! Unless you are staying in one of the one per-established spots, each tent/camper/trailer that people are sleeping in will be required to buy a camping pass.
- For 2024, CKNA is requiring the purchase of VAH race tires with registration. Racers will have to use the slick tires bought through registration in the race. Practice and rain tires are also available, or can be sourced by the racer.
- It’s unfortunate, but we have had to cap the entries for all classes in order to get the entire program into 2 days. We feel it is important to keep this event as a 2 day program (3 with practice) because it is already hard enough for people to take the additional time off of work.