We have been holding out hope that the risk would subside in time for us to run the 2020 Spring Nationals as planned. However, given the multiple “Stay at Home” and “Social Distancing” orders around the country which are now being extended beyond the Whiteland Race Weekend, we feel it is prudent to POSTPONE the 2020 Spring Nationals. The safety of our racers, crews and officials far outweighs all of our shared desire to get back to racing. We held out making this decision as long as we could, hoping for the best. But as we promised to give everybody plenty of notice if this became necessary, the decision had to be made.
We are not setting the new date for Whiteland Raceway Park at this time. Given the ever changing restrictions and uncertainty in when the world can start to get back to normal, we feel that selecting another date would be ill advised at this time. With all that is involved for some racers to be able to commit to a certain weekend, we need to make sure that once a date is set we will be able to hold the race on that date. We have every intention of racing at Whiteland in 2020 if at all possible. We have been in regular contact with their staff to ensure we handled this is well as we could, and did what was best for everybody involved.
We encourage all of you stay home and stay safe through these trying times. One things for sure, with all the extra time at home, we expect we’ll see some very well prepared karts when we finally get back to racing!